Skype for Business is installed on every staff computer of the TAP Group. It allows you to send instant messages, make audio and video calls and set up and take part in online meetings (Skype Meeting), offering an alternative to email that permits faster and more direct communication.
• Direct one-on-one or group communication, through instant messaging (IM), audio or video calls;
• Immediately shows your availability, once synchronised with your Outlook calendar;
• Immediately shows the availability of those you wish to contact;
• The ability to make presentations in “virtual” meetings;
• It’s a collaborative work platform;
• Enables sharing documents and content;
Getting directly in touch with someone
This is possibly the most common way to use Skype. To get directly in touch with someone, just search for their name and click on it twice. This contact can also be saved as one of your favourites. You can send a message, or make an audio or video call.
Creating a Skype Meeting
Anything scheduled on your Outlook calendar can be turned into a Skype Meeting, simply by clicking on the "New Skype Meeting" button whenever you create or edit an existing event
Joining a Skype Meeting
To join a scheduled Skype Meeting all you have to do is go to that event on your Outlook calendar and click on the “Join Skype Meeting” link, which will take you directly to a “virtual meeting room”.
On our Digital Solutions intranet page more detailed information on the Skype for Business feature is available, namely in the Quick Start Guide, as well as information about other IT services, Email Signatures, OneDrive TAP and Mobile Print TAP.
Skype for Business Mobile
A mobile version of Skype for Business exists for Android, iOS and Windows devices. The download of the app can be made by clicking on the relevant image below: