TAP has won international recognition for its new safety video, which came in second place in the category of Tourism Companies at the International Istanbul Tourism Film Festival, held in the city of Istanbul, Turkey, on 16 June. “The Journey” is a video in which TAP explains the safety measures on board its planes, is the Company’s first with a decidedly retro look and approach.
Filmed in its entirety at SIntra’s Air Museum, and released on 14 May this year, the day of TAP’s anniversary, this safety video stars eight members of the Company’s cabin crew, who wear some of the uniforms that have made such a mark on TAP’s history. Besides the attire, all kinds of props from the Air Museum found their way into this production. Everything used in this video is an original, ranging from vintage suitcases to period furniture, and even a “Follow Me” vehicle from the 1960s as well as the CS-TDE, a replica of the first DC-3 Dakota acquired by TAP.
The “International Istanbul Tourism Film Festival” is one of 15 festivals recognised by the International Committee of Tourism Film Festivals, besides Cannes, Berlin, Los Angeles and New York, among others.
Furthermore, since its release TAP’s safety video has also been recognised at Terres Cataluya –International Eco & Tourism Film Festival, in Spain, where it was chosen to be part of the programme’s official selection. It also recently won the prize of best web film awarded by the Australian site “Best Ads on TV”, and was shortlisted for the Prémios Lusófonos da Criatividade awards in Portugal. It has also been nominated for an award at the Zagreb International Tourism Festival.
These honours join the list of awards TAP’s safety videos have already received:
• Special prize at the 10th Film Art & Tourism Festival – FilmAT, in Warsaw, Poland – May 2015;
• Finalist at SILAFEST – The International Festival of Tourist and Ecology Film, Serbia – September 2015;
• First prize in the Mobility & Transports category and a Special Award in the Branding & Business category of the 8th ART&TUR – International Tourism Film Festival – October 2015;
• Berlin Tourism Multimedia Award – Golden City Gate (Das Goldene Stadttor 2016);
• Silver medal at the 2016 edition of the New York Festival's World's Best TV & Films – April 2016.
Watch the TAP on-board safety video at: https://youtu.be/-NAdIm3LFRo