Whenever you need to send sensitive information – such as Company’s confidential data, personal data of Customers or Employees – by e-mail, you must always do it in a way that it is protected against accidental improper access.
Preferably, the information should be placed in a document (Word, Excel, PDF, etc.) with a password. When you send the protected document, the password must not be sent in the same e-mail message, but in a separate e-mail or by other means of communication (Voice, SMS, etc.).
Follow the steps below to protect your documents with a password.
Protecting an Office Document (Word, Excel, PowerPoint):
1. With the document open, click File;
2. Select the Protect Document option and then Encrypt Password;
3. Set a password and click OK;
5. Enter the password again and click OK.
Protecting a PDF:
1. Select the file you want to protect with the right mouse button;
2. Choose the 7-Zip option;
3. Click Add to Archive ...;
4. Change the Archive format to zip;
5. In the Encryption area, set a password;
6. Repeat the password in the Reenter password field and click OK.
Once you have set a password, the document cannot be opened without it. It is important that it doesn’t get lost.
Your documents are now protected and ready to be sent. Remember to send the password in a separate e-mail.
Learn more about how to ensure the protection of TAP Group information here